IEC 61131-3 Software Suite - the right decision for the Building Automation Industry
Buildings that already meet the standards of the future through the use of intelligent technologies sustainably save resources such as energy, natural gas, and water.
From the bare necessities to modern luxuries, energy in buildings is a must. In North America the major areas of energy consumption in buildings are:
- 35% heating, ventilation, and air conditioning
- 11% lighting
- 18% major appliances such as water heating, refrigerators, and freezers, washing machines, dryer
- 36% in miscellaneous areas including electronics.
With this in mind, energy efficiency in the construction of new buildings and in the renovation of existing buildings, complemented by low-carbon forms of new energy supply, are important aspects of today. Choosing the highly efficient building automation software CODESYS, investors, architects, planners, and technicians are able to generate a significant energy-saving potential of up to 30%, which directly affects the profitability of the investment.
All building technology systems are covered by CODESYS: from cooling, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning to lighting, shading, and energy data acquisition. The CODESYS IoT products ensure seamless and cycle-synchronous acquisition of building data. The cloud-based evaluation can be integrated directly into the control system.
- CODESYS is a manufacturer-independent comprehensive and flexible system. All components for building automation applications are integrated directly in CODESYS, including editors for all IEC 61131-3 compliant implementation languages (6), compilers for native machine codes, a powerful debugger, and a clear project configuration. Add-ons can further supplement these components for efficient application development.
- The Open Source Library ‘CODESYS Building Automation’ helps programmers to create building automation applications.
- Room automation and controls such as lighting, blinds, access and security
- Heating/cooling and ventilation (HVAC)
- Control of aggregates for building automation
In addition to numerous function blocks, the library also contains visualization elements for simulating and testing.
Get started right away with the sample projects!
The free of charge CODESYS Open Source Library is available in the CODESYS North America Store.
- For efficient developments and diagnostics CODESYS has integrated analysis tests, simulations, and offline tests.
- CODESYS includes efficient configuration, commissioning, and debugging tools to assist building automation engineers throughout the development of their projects.
- The option to use Object Oriented Programming (OOP) designs facilitates modular and highly reusable code for control applications and significantly reduce development and maintenance time.
- The CODESYS TargetVisu is ideally suited for the operation and maintenance of buildings directly on the controller.
- CODESYS supports important communication protocols such as BACnet, OPC UA, MQTT, ETHERNET-IP or Modbus with integrated configuration tools.