IEC 61131-3 Software Suite - perfectly suited for embedded automation applications
CODESYS Embedded Automation is widely employed in numerous industrial sectors.
Embedded automation applications are task specific. They perform tasks such as processing data, reading sensor inputs, displaying required outputs, generating, and transmitting commands, and transforming data. CODESYS embedded automation applications are created to operate, monitor, or carry out a particular function of electronic equipment utilizing a fixed set of programs, plans, or regulations.
Healthcare, banking, telecommunications, home appliances, automotive, security, defense and military sector, and aerospace are just a few industries where CODESYS embedded automation is used. It is utilized in a variety of applications, including traffic light management systems and household appliances. As example the healthcare industry uses embedded automation applications in patient monitoring systems, surgery and treatment tools, diagnostic and imaging equipment. CODESYS embedded automation applications are widely employed in edge IPCs and are essential in the automotive industry.
The use of CODESYS embedded automation applications has numerous advantages. For example, they are highly adaptable and cost-effective, making it easy and affordable to customize them to meet exact functional and performance requirements.
- CODESYS is a manufacturer-independent comprehensive and flexible system. All components for embedded automation applications are integrated directly in CODESYS, including editors for all IEC 61131-3 compliant implementation languages (6), compilers for native machine codes, a powerful debugger, and a clear project configuration. Add-ons can further supplement these components for efficient application development.
- CODESYS real-time is characterized by a predictable (deterministic) time behavior of a microseconds jitter. If a real-time system sets the task (by configuration) to execute certain routines within a predefined time frame, in CODESYS this happens down to a hundred microseconds cycle time.
- The integrated safety (DIN IEC 61508) and redundancy functions in CODESYS are ideal for high availability and safety-critical applications.
- Engineers are provided with extensive runtime diagnostics information and can safely update the application without stopping it - securely from all over the world.
- Many tasks in the embedded automation like the fieldbus configuration, the creation of modern visualization screens for machine operation, planning and execution of complex motion control, CNC and robotic movements, implementation of safety applications to DIN IEC 61508 SIL3 and others are integrated in CODESYS.
- CODESYS is used in over 1,000 different controllers around the world.
- For efficient developments and diagnostics CODESYS has integrated analysis tests, simulations, and offline tests.
- CODESYS includes efficient configuration, commissioning, and debugging tools to assist embedded automation engineers throughout the development of their projects.
- The option to use Object Oriented Programming (OOP) designs facilitates modular and highly reusable code for control applications and significantly reduce development and maintenance time.
- CODESYS is used in applications for compact IP67 controllers in rough environments.
- CODESYS supports important communication protocols such as OPC UA, MQTT, ETHERNET-IP, PROFINET or Modbus with integrated configuration tools.