CODESYS IIoT - Industrial Internet of Things
CODESYS offers a complete set of smart factory software solutions
CODESYS provides an overall solution based on Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
CODESYS offers a complete set of smart factory software solutions that implement the overall solution from the device side (controller) to the cloud.
The device runs the CODESYS industrial-grade-real-time system kernel, as well as the visualization components (to realize the visual network programming) and industrial real-time buses. At the same time, the OPC UA Server, as one of the components of the CODESYS Runtime System, can realize data exchange and data transfer between devices with different hardware architectures or different operating systems and between devices and factories. The device side and the cloud communicate via OPC UA. Process data can be uploaded to the cloud in real time and across time zones to realize data analysis, data monitoring, data storage, machine learning, and other artificial intelligence algorithm-based functions.
CODESYS contains all essential technologies and features for applications in Industry 4.0 / Internet of Things (IIoT) environments. This makes CODESYS the ideal tool for implementing automation solutions with IT and Internet technologies. CODESYS turns a compatible controller into a powerful industrial internet device. All you need to do is to open the CODESYS North America Store, download the appropriate CODESYS Control Soft PLC, and install the software on your desired device. It is as simple as installing an app on your smartphone.
CODESYS makes the use of the latest technologies simple - for the direct benefit of application programmers, machine and plant builders, system integrators and operators. The Industry 4.0 platform - CODESYS Automation Server - uses web technologies to make typical tasks easier for users. CODESYS offers a turnkey solution for IIoT, including functions and features such as:
The CODESYS product 'IIoT Libraries SL' contains numerous libraries written in IEC 61131-3 languages to support different communication protocols and data structures. IIoT libraries with POUs for direct communication with cloud services of individual providers (AWS, Azure, etc.) are provided.
- Web Client SL
- MQTT Client SL
- Mail Service SL
- SMS Service SL
- SNMP Service SL
- Supported SNMP Versions
- SNTP Service SL
- AWS IoT Core Client SL
- Azure IoT Hub Client SL
- Google Cloud IoT Core Client SL
- JSON Web Token SL
- Web Socket Client SL
- CSV Utility SL
- INI File Utility SL
- JSON Utilities SL
- XML Utility SL
- Hardware and operating system independence
CODESYS is a manufacturer-independent and operating system-independent comprehensive and flexible system.
The hardware independent integration offers sustainability for already deployed applications, and the possibility to start developments before having the hardware.
- Highest possible flexibility
Programmers benefit from the simultaneously use of six common programming languages (ST, SFC, LD, FBD, CFC, IL) and the possibility to integrate C or Python.
- Performance improvement
CODESYS customers enjoy regular updates and upgrades free of charge. Upgrades enhance the overall functionality, security and performance of the CODESYS software and extends its lifecycle as well. The latest version of CODESYS can be downloaded free of charge from our CODESYS North America Store.
- Time Savings
The option to use Object Oriented Programming (OOP) designs facilitates modular and highly reusable code for control applications and significantly reduce development and maintenance time.
- Online Changes
CODESYS includes the possibility of changing the program without effecting the process - securely from all over the world.
- The CODESYS Runtime System can be transferred to almost any device and operating system.
By transferring the CODESYS Runtime System to the hardware platform, any industrial PC or embedded device can be transformed into a programmable controller in accordance with the IEC 61131-3 standard.
- Network programming
Compatible target devices can be installed in different locations on the network - devices can act as regular controllers as well as edge, fog or cloud controllers.
- Integrated IT security functions
Security encryption measures:
1. software encryption (SSL/TLS and other security protocols).
2. hardware encryption (CodeMeter)
3. integrated security functions
4. conformity with the IEC 62443 security standard
A set of security encryption measures and programs integrated into the IEC 61131-3 development system provided by CODESYS are used to ensure the security of the user control system in the industrial control network while securing and managing the customer application source code, access rights and data exchange between the devices.
- Cloud Services
1. Automatically download missing library files or device description files on the cloud server
2. CODESYS North America Store: The first platform that integrates an 'App store' in the development environment which can realize function expansion by downloading various
components from the CODESYS North America Store.
3. Provide various additional tools for seamless integration
4. Greatly improve production efficiency
5. Additional services integrated from CODESYS North America Store
- Combining IT technology with industrial automation technology
1. implements true object-oriented programming based on IEC 61131-3 standards.
2. provides a wide range of additional tools integrated into the development environment to improve the programmers' development efficiency.
3. support for SVN server, which allows multiple programmers to develop a project simultaneously.
4. providing code analysis tools to analyze the efficiency of application code execution.
5. automatic execution of automated tests for development projects and automatic sending of test reports to engineers' mailboxes.
6. CODESYS works on all compatible devices.
- Network communication
Application layer communication: It can realize data exchange between different devices of different manufacturers and supports a variety of different communication protocols. The Application level communication realizes data exchange between different devices from different manufacturers and supports a variety of different communication protocols.
- Monitor the equipment through and via the Internet
1. The integrated visual editor is used to create the human-machine interface.
2. connection of scattered devices over the network.
3. the integrated network visualization component supports the display of visual interfaces on the browsers of smart devices such as cell phones and tablet computers.
4. the network visualization component (CODESYS Web) offers the possibility to realize network control. Example: Control of Google Maps via application variables.
- Support communication with common electrical and mechanical design software
1. Support importing MATLAB®/Simulink code
2. Easily import and reuse existing C code
3. Data exchange (input/output configuration) using CAD tools (e.g. EPLAN)
- Support 3D modeling of industrial sites
Visual 3D modeling of plants and industrial sites can be easily realized with the integrated IEC 61131-3 programming tool.
CODESYS IIoT BROCHURE and VIDEO
CODESYS Virtual PLC
Automation powered by CODESYS - The next industrial revolution:
CODESYS Virtual PLC