CODESYS offers the largest variety of fieldbuses in the automation world.
CODESYS has a Fieldbus Support integrated in its IEC 61131-3 Development System.
Integrated are industrial protocols, protocol stacks and diagnostics for real-time Ethernet, classic fieldbuses, and industry protocols. The CODESYS Development System also includes a generic configurator for further fieldbus systems.
For most systems (CANopen®, J1939, EtherCAT®, EtherNet/IP™ and PROFINET), portable CODESYS libraries implement the protocol stack for the fieldbus. Additionally, CODESYS offers libraries for Modbus communication (TCP or serial).
- Hardware and operating system independence
CODESYS is a manufacturer-independent and operating system-independent comprehensive and flexible system.
The hardware independent integration offers sustainability for already deployed applications, and the possibility to start developments before having the hardware.
- Highest possible flexibility
Programmers benefit from the simultaneously use of six common programming languages (ST, SFC, LD, FBD, CFC, IL) and the possibility to integrate C or Python.
- Specific CODESYS Fieldbus configuration
CODESYS provides a seamlessly integrated configurator for various fieldbus systems to configure the process image of the controller, and supports the following fieldbuses:
- SAE J1939
- Safety over EtherCAT®
- IEC 61850
- Integrated commissioning and diagnosis functionality
Commissioning of the fieldbus system including the integrated drives (e.g., CANopen, EtherCAT) can be carried out with the Online Config Mode even without an available application. Numerous functions for communication diagnostics are available in the user interface and application, such as event loggers or diagnostic information in the device tree and in the application code.
- Comprehensive debug and diagnostic functions
Fieldbus systems can be commissioned without an application. Diagnostics can be accessed and used directly in the development system or coded into the application for execution.
- The consistent tool for programming and fieldbus configuration effectively reduces the risk of errors.
- The configuration is easier, and the project can be completed faster and more efficiently.
- The fieldbus can be chosen freely depending on the application.