With CODESYS you have the right tool to improve and strengthen your industry effectiveness.
Here some facts:
- Faster and less expensive than a standard American PLC, the CODESYS system increases the machine production capacity by up to 20% without touching any mechanical processes.
- Also, in your factory the CODESYS automation software helps to improve quality, reduce energy, waste, and costs for maintenance with no change in suppliers, capital expenditures, or personnel.
- Over 500 companies implemented CODESYS as standard in their products.
- Programmers worldwide value the work with the IEC 61131-3 automation software which covers the six global standard programming languages.
- The CODESYS automation software can be easily downloaded for free.
- Every month more than 140,000 registered users download tens of thousands of free and chargeable add-on packages on the CODESYS webstore.
Tens of thousands of users today rely on CODESYS – the leading software platform on the market for IEC 61131-3-compliant project engineering. They work with the tool for automating factories, plants, mobile machinery, power generation and distribution systems, as well as buildings and processes.
About 500 manufacturers of programmable automation devices provide users with an extensive pool of compatible devices – for all kinds of industrial applications.
CODESYS combines classic PLC programming with the capabilities of a professional software for development, commissioning, and management of automation tools. Without any additional tools, the entire application can be configured, programmed, tested, and operated in a single user interface – including typical engineering tasks:
- Configuration of different fieldbus and real-time Ethernet systems
- Creation of modern visualization screens for operating modular units and complete machines, plants, and systems
- Planning and execution of complex applications for motion control, CNC, and robotics
- Programming of safety applications in accordance with DIN IEC 61508 SIL2/3
- Connection of industrial controllers to an existing infrastructure, for example consisting of PLC, DCS, server or cloud systems
- Administration of the control landscape with a cloud-based server platform
- Any kind of intelligent devices (embedded or PC-based)
- Device Manufacturer independent
- ARM/Cortex on Linux, VxWorks
- x86 with Linux, Windows,VxWorks, QNX
- Power Architecture (PowerPC) with Linux, VxWorks
- Operating System independent
A team of over 150 computer scientists and engineers stand behind CODESYS, developing, testing, maintaining, and marketing the system and all add-on components. Based on decades of experience in different areas of industrial automation technology, new features and extensions are developed continually for making day-to-day work easier and faster.
- With every new CODESYS version
- Through practical trainings for various tasks
- Through add-on products for greater efficiency
- Through task-specific consulting
The CODESYS Store offers user products, such as addon tools for the CODESYS Development System and SoftPLC systems for popular device platforms.
Trainings by experienced specialists increase the effectiveness when working with CODESYS – for both beginners and experienced users alike.
Decisive optimization of the workflow in all phases of engineering – this is the aim of customer-specific consulting and development services
The CODESYS Development System is the free-of-charge IEC 61131-3 development interface for users. The tool includes all functions for the day-to-day work of automation specialists. Seamlessly integrated add-on products supplement, when required, the already extensive system features.
- Less expensive as any PLC
- Faster as any PLC
- One platform for all machine types
- Very powerful - even most complex machines can be realized
- Flexible HW- and SW- interfaces
- Easy integration of third-party products due to supporting standard technology
- Easy integration in standard IT-world (MES, ERP, databases)
- Effective remote control for service and maintenance