CODESYS in MOBILE AUTOMATION
IEC 61131-3 Software Suite for mobile applications - easy to integrate and proven in thousands of vehicles
CODESYS controllers can be found in many constructions' machines, cranes, forklift trucks and industrial trucks as well as in open pit mining and mining equipment. CODESYS is used in underground construction operations such as drilling, blasting, and special air monitoring.
For mobile machines, CODESYS is the leading development system for engine control units (ECUs). With CODESYS, such an electronic control unit controls a series of actuators of an internal combustion engine to ensure optimal engine performance.
CODESYS is also found in the rail- and commuter rail industry.
The transport of goods, services and people is provided by thousands of interconnected railroad systems. Given current trends, passenger and freight volumes will more than double by 2050. In an increasingly urbanized world, it is vital that rail transport is tailored to the needs of cities. To ensure efficient mobility, high-speed rail can serve as an alternative to short-haul air travel, and conventional rail freight can complement other modes. CODESYS software is used by leading manufacturer and integrators of train and subway electronics for the passenger rail and locomotive industries in North America.
- CODESYS is a manufacturer-independent comprehensive and flexible system. All components for mobile automation applications are integrated directly in CODESYS, including editors for all IEC 61131-3 compliant implementation languages, compilers for native machine codes, a powerful debugger, and a clear project configuration. Add-ons can further supplement these components for efficient application development.
- CODESYS real-time is characterized by a predictable (deterministic) time behavior of a microseconds jitter. If a real-time system sets the task (by configuration) to execute certain routines within a predefined time frame, in CODESYS this happens down to a hundred microseconds cycle time.
- CODESYS is used in applications for compact IP67 controllers in rough environments.
- CODESYS offers integrated configurators and protocol stacks in form of portable CODESYS libraries for all standard fieldbuses in the mobile machines industry like CAN / CANopen® / J1939.
- The CODESYS TargetVisu is ideally suited for the operation and maintenance of mobile machines directly on the controller.
- The integrated safety (DIN IEC 61508) and redundancy functions in CODESYS are ideal for high availability and safety-critical applications.
- Engineers are provided with extensive runtime diagnostics information and can safely update the application without stopping it - securely from all over the world.