CODESYS in the PROCESS INDUSTRY
IEC 61131-3 Software Suite for controlling processes and plants
The CODESYS software suite is covering the full range of process automation control systems with a complete communication infrastructure from the field to the control level. CODESYS integrates seamlessly with existing installations and new technologies.
CODESYS is perfectly suited for designing advanced process control strategies or plants. It is used in many applications in the oil and gas industry as well as in steel and aluminum rolling mills and for monitoring and controlling water and paper processing plants.
CODESYS and other leading companies have come together to build the first commercially available ICS based on O-PAS a standard of the Open Group. The Coalition for Open Process Automation (COPA) is a partnership program formed to encourage collaboration among OT and IT vendors in the creation of commercial control systems based upon the Open Process Automation Standard (O-PAS).
CODESYS is the IEC 61131-3 programming and runtime system that forms the core component for executing O-PAS compliant DCS applications.
- CODESYS is a manufacturer-independent comprehensive and flexible system. All components for process automation applications are integrated directly in CODESYS, including editors for all IEC 61131-3 compliant implementation languages, compilers for native machine codes, a powerful debugger, and a clear project configuration. Add-ons can further supplement these components for efficient application development.
- The integrated safety (DIN IEC 61508) and redundancy functions in CODESYS are ideal for high availability and safety-critical applications.
- Process engineers are provided with extensive runtime diagnostics information and can safely update the application without stopping it - securely from all over the world.
- CODESYS supports important communication protocols such as OPC UA, MQTT, ETHERNET-IP, PROFINET or Modbus with integrated configuration tools.
- Process control specialists can choose from a vast pool of different control devices, from standard hardware like panel PCs to full custom hardware.